Things for you to pray for this week …
- Pray for relatives and friends remembering Dick Thornton at today’s memorial service and for his wife Toni. For all those who have been bereaved.
- Pupils and students (both new and returning) to commit themselves to living out their faith among their peers. Pray they would have courage to be godly as they learn to live away from home. Pray for churches with a ministry to students to be faithful in teaching God’s word.
- For staff and pupils at the Lower School coping with the building works as terms begins.
- Give thanks for encouraging progress for Brian Smith following a suspected heart attack and other complications. All who are coping with illness both physical and mental. Pray for support workers and medical staff including the managers of hospitals and surgeries under pressure from increasing expectations and shrinking budgets.
- For leaders of nations and their governments struggling to make good judgements in the face of shocking situations such as that in Syria. Ask God to reach into hearts and minds to stir up moral sensitivity so that those in high profile positions would not be influenced by politics alone but be able to act to hold back violence and to promote peace.
- Give thanks for the birth of Emily Grace born on the 28th (Harry and Lauren Ferdinando) Pray for relationships between parents and children of all ages.