Things for you to pray for this week …
- For Christians to be convinced of God’s love and to share the good news wherever and whenever there is opportunity.
- Persecuted Christians (and church leaders) in Syria many of whom are leaving their homes because of relentless pressure. Pray for the work of mission and relief organisations including The Messengers reaching access restricted nations. Tear Fund, World Vision, Crosslinks, Barnabas Fund and others.
- Members and leaders of summer ventures that they would all remain safe and have an enjoyable time knowing how to adapt to the weather if necessary. That they would all learn more of Jesus and that their hearts and minds would be open to receiving God’s word.
- For children, parents and teachers on their summer break from school, that they would all have an opportunity to relax and enjoy the summer. For young people waiting for exam results that they would learn to trust God and remember that their lives are in his hands
- Those who are grieving including people affected by the Spanish train crash and Italian coach crash
- Anyone facing treatment or surgery or recovering from illness or injury. Pray for John Wood recovering in London from an operation on his back. Pray for strength for 4 week old Isla King, daughter of Claire and Dom, hoping to return home from Addenbrookes tomorrow. Pray she would gain strength and fully recover from a viral infection.