Things for you to pray for this week …
- teaching staff at schools colleges and universities to be aware of their responsibility as they influence their pupils and students. Pray especially for the Christian ethos of our Lower School to be a reality in every sphere of school life.
- pupils and students as they prepare for public exams and finals
- family members and professionals who are caring for the very seriously ill and dying to have sensitivity to one another’s needs and opportunity to say what is important
- the family and friends of Tom Salkield’s father, who died this week. Pray for Tom grieving as he also manages the funeral arrangements
- all who have been bereaved and especially those affected by sudden accidents or
disaster situations. the explosion in Texas, the earthquake in China
- all who face danger in the course of their work especially the emergency services and the police
- all who are continuing to attempt to rescue people caught in the rubble of the building collapse in Bangladesh. Pray for workers in similar situations that their employers would act responsibly to ensure their care and safety.
- national leaders and representatives assessing the evidence of chemical weapons use in Syria and making an who are considering how best to deal with escalating troubles or military threats. Libya, Syria, North Korea, Iraq
- please pray for Bethany White as she prepares to go to Tokyo, Japan, for a Kid’s Outreach mission trip, 15th July-7th August. She hopes to be prepared for future long-term work with OMF. Please pray for the training, finance, culture/language barrier and the people she meets. Thank you
- pray for Bible by the Beach and those preparing talks and seminars and children’s teaching. Also for The London Men’s Convention to build up godly men.
- give thanks for those who serve on the PCC especially Phil Chapman who was elected for the first time