Things for you to pray for this week …
- Give thanks for the way “Champions!” holiday club is taking shape. Pray for the preparation and training evenings beginning next Wednesday 29th – that all involved will have a shared sense of purpose and confidence in the task ahead. Give thanks that applications are coming in and pray for more. Core team : Sally Eddon, Katy Carter, Nicky and Martin Bailey.
- Something to change in the handling of protest in Syria, and especially in Damascus, so that violence may be held back and a stable peace would quickly emerge
- The government of countries in which there has been protest and conflict. Pray for God to bring to the fore those who have the ability to lead with justice and the skills to establish order and structure following periods of turmoil.
- Christians who are called to comment on the current debate about faith and secularism as it effects public life that they may do so with truthfulness and conviction. Give thanks for the Queen’s boldness and clarity in her recent speech.
- The open air service on Ross Meadow to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee at the beginning of June – that it will be a positive and worthwhile, God-honouring occasion with an open welcome for as many from the village as possible and for good time together afterwards as we share a picnic lunch. Also for the lighting of the beacon to be memorable and uplifting
- Give thanks that Sheila Surridge’s grandson is now at home and pray for further recovery
- All who have been bereaved facing unexpected reminders of their loss and learning to adjust. Remember the lonely and pray that those who feel hopeless may find encouragement from family, friends and neighbours.
- The family and friends of Ada Marston whose funeral will be here next Friday